World’s number 1 dating app for vegans surveys American users to reveal: American Vegans are Backing Biden in the elections.
- 75% of American vegans are backing Biden and Harris
- Only 6.5% back Trump and Pence
- Support for a third party candidate among American vegans outstrips Trump, with 18.5% of the share
A new survey conducted by Veggly, the world’s leading vegan and vegetarian dating app, has revealed how American vegans overwhelmingly support Joe Biden and Kamala Harris for president when compared to Donald Trump and Mike Pence. The data shows how 75% of vegans in the US support Biden and Harris, and only 6.5% are backing Trump and Pence.
The data also shows how many vegans in the US back a third party option instead Trump, with almost a fifth (18.5%) selecting the option.
Possible reasons for these results include:
- Trump’s policies regarding climate change and animal welfare, which have angered vegan and environmental campaigners in the four years he has been in charge.
- Trump’s regulations and laws regarding animal cruelty. In 2018, Trump lifted a ban put in place by the Obama administration covering animal cruelty. The original ban, set in 2015, provided better care for factory farmed animals, ensuring that they were treated more humanely.
Commenting on the new data, Founder of Veggly, Alex Felipelli, said:
“Most vegans are pro-environment and want better protection for animals, so it’s no surprise the Trump administration has very little support from this community. It’s also interesting to see how nearly a fifth would choose a third party; it just goes to show how many people aren’t impressed with either Biden or Trump at the moment.”
– ENDS –
Veggly was created to help vegans, vegetarians, and aspiring vegans/vegetarians to find, match and chat to other like-minded people nearby. At present, Veggly is the only vegan/vegetarian dating app available on Android, iOS and desktop/web.
Further details: https://www.veggly.net
Note to editors
Data accurate as of 29.10.20
Based on survey of 469 US-based vegans (Veggly users)
Don’t miss the Veggly Blog 🌱
Make sure to subscribe to our blog and stay up to date with all of our recipes, news stories and tips. Please follow our social channels: